LIMITED OFFER – LAUNCH SALE – €2190 EURO
11 nights 12 days – Tehran to Shiraz – and much, much, more
Lately, Iran has been hailed as one of the most incredible destinations on the planet. A gaggle of glowing reviews in travel magazines around the world, are all hyping up Iran. This is one travel experience that is impossible to exaggerate. Unknown, mysterious, and misunderstood, Iran is *the* travel destination of 2017. And now, it’s your turn to join us.
Iran is safe, open for tourists, and one of the most special travel destinations on Earth. We’ll take care of you – starting with visa assistance – even if you’re from the US, Canada, or the UK – and show you Iran in a way that really wasn’t possible until now. Our partners in Iran aren’t a government tour company, and this isn’t a typical corporate Iran tour. It’s a custom designed Yomadic original trip, including the best of Iran.
Once you’re in Iran, you’ll be taken around in style – and enjoy the freedom to do your own thing.
This is one of the absolute best travel opportunities for 2017.
- * Private, roomy, comfortable transportation through Iran.
- * Hotel accommodation (11 nights) – centrally located, and hand-picked.
- * Most meals – every breakfast, with a restaurant lunch or dinner, every day.
- * Small gang – average size of just eight guests, maximum size of twelve.
- * Visa assistance with your Iranian tourist visa.
- * FREE airport pickup on arrival and we’ll organise a low cost option for when you depart.
- * And much more – we pride ourselves on being the best value trip through Iran.
Your Journey in More Detail – The Iran Untour Itinerary
April 15th- 17th, Tehran, Iran
Bustling, stylish, ancient, and modern Tehran. Your journey commences here. There is so much to see – we’ll get you lost in the enormous Tehran Grand Bazaar, admire Azadi Tower, dine in cool North Tehran, keep one eye on the outlandish propaganda artworks, and the other on the exceptionally stylish locals. And, much more – we have enough time to show you the best of Tehran.
On April 17th, we will leave Tehran and travel overland to the city of Kashan
April 17th – 18th Kashan, Iran
Kashan holds an array of historical sights, and this is where you’ll start to get a feel for the real Iran. It’s smallish, but busy, and we’ll check out some of the highlights. On the way out, we’ll wander through nearby Abyaneh, one of the oldest villages in Iran – high in the mountains, famous for colourful head scarves and segregated door knockers. Uh huh.
On April 18th we will continue our journey south to the city of Isfahan.
April 18th – 20th Isfahan, Iran
Isfahan is known as “half the world”, and will be your home for two nights. Third largest city in Iran, home of Gaz (Persian nougat, oh yes), and the unbelievably magnificent Naghsh-i Jahan Square. There’s plenty to do – browsing the local bazaar for Persian rugs, visiting the architecturally perfect Shah Mosque, listening to the men sing underneath Si-o-se Pol bridge, or just hang-time with the friendly locals.
April the 20th sees us leave Isfahan behind and make our way to the desert city of Yazd.
April 20th – 22nd Yazd, Iran
Getting further towards the South of Iran, we’ll arrive in the city of Yazd. With two nights here, we have time for a day trip to an ancient abandoned town, we can check out performances of indescribable martial arts (all set to funky drum beats), eat the finest pashmak (persian cotton candy), maybe a Camel burger, see the stunning wind-catchers that keep one of the hottest and driest cities in Iran, cool and watered, and take a trip to the Zooastrian Towers of Silence.
On April the 22nd we will make the journey from Yazd to a desert caravan-sarai.
April 22nd – 23rd Caravanserai, Iran
Our one night at this ancient caravanserai will be a truly amazing experience, straight out of the long-gone days of the old silk road. Stargazers and romantic’s, you’re going to love the night skies.
On April the 23rd we will make the last leg of our journey to the city of Shiraz.
April 23rd – 26th Shiraz, Iran
Shiraz. Cultural centre of Iran, and our base for three nights. Day trips to the ancient city of Persepolis, the tombs of the kings at Naqsh-e Rustam, checking out downtown Shiraz, sampling the best ice-cream I’ve ever had, and on our last night together we’ll head out on to enjoy a final meal in my favourite restaurant in all of Iran. We’ll reminisce about the good times and plan new ones to come. Tears, optional… (sniff).
BONUS: we are currently organising an extra-special night in Shiraz, something we have never done on our tours before, something that is entirely new for Iran… we’re going to surprise you, but believe me, this will be SPECIAL (it’s 99% certain, so I won’t confirm yet).
April 26th Departure
April the 26th is all yours. Whether you decide to stick around and sight-see some more, or just need help organizing your transport to the airport, we will be there to help you. Hugs, high fives.
You are guaranteed to see far more than what is listed above. Each Yomadic Iran tour is unique, we always take advantage of what may be happening in Iran at the time. We like to surprise and amaze you…
Even More Detail…
Is Iran Safe?
You’ve heard the saying “don’t believe the hype” and nothing could be more truer than when you discover just how safe Iran is. To say Iranians are friendly and hospitable, is an understatement. You’ll be invited to their homes, they will chat with you on the streets, and welcome you with open arms at every opportunity. Tourists are treated with respect, by the Iranian people and the authorities. Many of our solo-female guests say “Iran is the safest country I’ve ever visited”.
There’s a few small things to know about Iran – such as public customs when it comes to interactions with the opposite sex, photography rules, and of course alcohol consumption – but importantly, it’s well known that Iran has laid out the welcome mat for foreigners, you’ll be assisted with all customs, and there’s nothing to worry about.
Will I get a Visa? I heard it was impossible for my nationality?
You will be assisted with your visa application. It’s straightforward, and relatively inexpensive. Even for citizens of the United States, Canada, and the UK – partnering with a respected Iranian travel agent makes getting a visa simple and painless. Please note, the cost of the actual visa is not included in the trip price – as the visa costs vary by nationality.
Where will we sleep?
From hand picked traditional guest-houses, to memorable hotels, all centrally located and within walking distance of the heart of each city we visit. Most accommodation will include Wi-Fi, air-conditioning, western-style-toilet and bathroom, and you will always be served breakfast. Variety is the key, as well as a great nights rest.
What if I’m travelling solo, will I need to pay extra?
No. You pay the same price whether you’re solo or not. There is no single supplement fee or charge, if you’re happy to twin-share with a maximum of one other person. If you do want your own room…
What if I would like my own room?
Don’t want to play bunk buddy? Prefer your own privacy? Travelling solo? No problems, for a single supplement of €400, you will have your own room every night. Just let us know, we’ll arrange it.
What if I get sick of hanging out with you guys?
There will be plenty of free time, we’ve designed the trip so you have time to do your own exploring – day and night. Just make sure you’re back by the time the van leaves, or else I will kill you.
So, really, what’s included?
- * All accommodation in Iran for the duration of the tour.
- * Most meals are included – every breakfast, and either lunch or dinner every day.
- * Entrance fees to sites, museums, parks, and more.
- * Private comfortable transport to take us around Iran.
- * All forms of transport necessary to complete our itinerary.
- * Personal assistance and travel guidance.
- * It’s Iran, sorry, no alcohol. We’ll include water, juice, tea, coffee etc.
- * Assistance for obtaining your Iranian tourist visa.
- * And of course, it wouldn’t be a Yomadic journey without a few extra secrets…
And what’s not included?
- * Airfares to and from Iran are not included – we will assist you with booking your flight if you require assistance.
- * Travel insurance is not included, and is mandatory.
- * Some meals and some drinks – when you’re out doing your own thang, you pay for it.
- * Any fees or charges that you incur as a result of you cancelling this trip once you have made a booking with us, we are not responsible for – including any charges your airline or transport provider charges you.
- * If you arrive on a different day from the commencement of the tour, or very early that same day, you may need to pay for an airport pickup.
- * If you arrive early or depart late, you will be liable for all expenses.
- * Your final taxi to the airport, you will need to pay for. We’ll organise it for you.
The tour ends up in Shiraz. WTF will I do now?
Fear not – the main reason we start and end in different locations is so you get the most out of your time in Iran. Shiraz is a well connected city with many transport options, including flights to Dubai and Istanbul. You may want to return to Tehran – buses, trains and planes will easily get you there. We can assist you in finding an option from Shiraz, that works for you.
What if I can’t make it exactly on the starting date or I have to leave early?
We will do our best to accommodate late arrivals, we really will – please contact us to explain your situation as we offer no guarantees for late arrivals on this trip. As for leaving early – you would make us sad, but we’ll make sure you get safely on your way.
- * You are responsible for obtaining any travel visas you may need – of course, we’ll assist.
- * Did we mention, you need to have travel insurance, it’s a requirement.
- * For those who wish to stay longer in Iran, we are happy to assist in this regard.
- * Travel can be unpredictable. Things may change. We like to freestyle it a bit. So, some of the itinerary may be subject to change. In the unlikely event that any major changes are required, we will discuss and keep you in the loop at all times. Our goal is to make any changes for the best.In the unlikely event that the tour is cancelled by us, you will always receive a full 100% refund – unless the trip cancellation is due to a “force majeure” event – something beyond our control (such as a natural disaster). However – we will always strive to provide you a full refund – we will go to all lengths to protect our perfect reputation.
What if I have paid, and then I change my mind. Can I get a refund?
Sometimes the best-made plans need to be put on hold, or cancelled. Unfortunately, we will incur very real and substantial costs from the moment your seat is reserved. However, we don’t want to act all big and corporate, so this our promise to you:
- * If you cancel within 75 days of the tour start date, you will lose 100% of your ticket price (this is due to the difficulties in finding a replacement for you at such short notice).
- * If you cancel between 75 and 100 days before the tour start date you will lose 50% of your ticket price.
- * If you cancel before 100 days of the tour start date, 400 Euro’s of any ticket price is non-refundable…
- * BUT BUT BUT – we will always do the right thing, so, if we fill your seat after you cancel, we will refund a minimum of 90% of your full ticket price.
What if I still have some unanswered questions?
OK. I’m convinced, eager, and can’t wait to come along…. how do I pay?
All major credit cards and PayPal are accepted – ensuring your purchase is safe and secure.
* Iran is what inspired all of these Yomadic Untours. When I first visited Iran in late 2012, I started taking notes. Collecting business cards. Making contacts. Checking out hotels, restaurants, cafes. I knew, I needed to bring people here to experience the best travel surprise in the world. I now spend several months each year on-the-ground in Iran, to make sure our “untours” remain up-to-date, fresh, and the best way to see Iran. I really hope you can take part in this first 2017 Iran tour – it will be the trip of a lifetime.